Friday, January 3, 2014

My Views about Writing


By:  Jojette Asumbrado Ramos

 The moment I started writing anything, it made me feel I ceased to be a female gender. It is just my soul communicating in the writing medium, I prefer much. And for me, the soul is of no gender at all. It doesn’t have a form of whatsoever.

Writing had given me the world, wherein I could exist freely; where I could go where I want to be. In there, I could be anything I wanted to be. Be able to experience things, which in the real world, I am in a limited options to do such things.

Freedom could be truly acquired thru the written word, in the world where writers souls’ dances to the beat of its innate music. Writing allows us to navigate our inner world, to know more about ourselves and be in tune of our real essence, our core.

I had been writing ever since I could remember. Oh yes, during my elementary years. I record as much as I could about my life, experiences, sadness, happiness, even questions I myself could not answer. I write as much as I could, it is thru this form I could muster my soul to speak without limitations.

When I was a youngsters’ I had so many queries about life and my surroundings. But lo and behold, as of this moment, I still have many of that still. I never outgrew my curiosity of things around me. Therefore, I decided I will just encourage myself to be questioning things instead, because it will only be a futile effort to pretend I am not aware of my surroundings.

Often times, I am just quiet about what is going on around me, but in my head, there were lots of conversations really. I am trying to decipher what the person was trying to say, rather than take their words literally. I do not know, somehow, I just feel there are people who just talks without regards of what they are saying or they really do not mean what they are talking about. It is this kind of people wherein I chose to interpret how their body, facial expressions and voice tone are telling me. When I am in this mode, the person I am trying to read thinks I am being unfeeling of what they are saying. What they don’t know, is that I am only reacting to what they are truly saying to me.

I do believe a person that loves truly, will never ask anything in return. One thing about love, it is a pure form, can give it but cannot ask it back; it has to be freely given by the person.

“You will reap what you sow,” the adage is a true manifestation about love.

So, why did I incorporate writing and love in this article? In my life, there are people who forced me to love them, even though, in their lives, they had always set me aside for their ambitions and career. I had waited long, because I was naive then that everything will finish just as she had promised. But it never did, I was tired of waiting. All throughout my growing years, I had to endure it understanding things on my own, questions about being a teenager; it was then that I rely so much on the books getting answers to my questions.

My diary too, had been my constant companion, it had become my closest friend, and it was the thing I knew will be with me forever. It had been my solace of times I am alone. It was the part of my life wherein I could speak my heart truthfully without filter.

Writing had been the coarse my soul is able to survive, to flourish at its’ best. In a way, those who tried to tell me to do the things I really wanted in my writings, in how I expressed my point of view, think again. Where were you when I needed someone to talk to? Where were you when I approached and asked you to be with me when I wanted to watch a movie? When I had questions about my existence? Now that I have found the very thing which made me happy, suddenly the very people who never really talk to me suddenly wanted my attention and time.

Which a question formulates in my mind; did you give me a time when I needed it before? Did you really care and love me as you had been saying now? Or are you just saying it now, because in the very core of you, the selfishness in your heart are knocking as you always had been, when it comes to my concern.

I will know if the people around me love me so, there is no point in pretending, because it will be futile as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment