Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Ageing Beautifully


By Jojette Asumbrado Ramos

As I think about my age, I feel like I am dying. Like a rose, after it blooms beautifully, it withers just as nature dictates it to be.

The mirror; I had to stand in front of it, to remind me that I am not a rose or any kind of flower, but a human being. The usual occurrences in life are difficulties but as well as happiness; always go in tandem. There were moments I ponder, is growing up really an inevitable thing? I guess it is and it sucks to the core. I would love a world full of surprises and wonders, but along the way there are just responsibilities which drag me down. So what happens now is that I shifted from time to time. I face responsibilities as it should be, and when I want to zoom in this life with glee, my writing allows me to live in that savannah.

My natural self is of a happy soul and loving one too. There are people around me that want to mold me otherwise, but I will never relent to their ways of thinking. No way will I give them the satisfaction of what they think of me. This is my life, and I will design it as how I wanted it to be.

Grumpy, grumpy sinister one, I celebrate life and that will be what I will cherish forever. Drag me down, gives me no choice but to use it as my stepping stone to attain the coveted Wisdom. Those who have dark intentions in this life will just perish. I wish I could give my love for you grumpy ones, but until your heart softens and ready to listen, you could never see the best in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment