Monday, November 4, 2013

Ang Tsinelas ni Avkez

It rained so much. I had to buy a new pair of slippers for Avkez because the one he was using awhile ago, was swept by the flood. Since I idolized Rizal, I told my son to let go of the other slipper too. At least, when somebody will find it, he or she could use it.

Avkez said, "Nay, pwede isa ra kabuok ato paliton nga tsinelas?". "Hahaha, anak wala may mupalit ug isa lang," I answered. The people around were laughing, well at least, even if it was raining and flooding, we, Filipinos could still find the reason to be gay. "O sige na, ipa-anud nanang isa." He asked innocently," Kay ngano 'Nay?"..."Kay dili nana nimo magamit, useless nana, kinsay mugamit ug isa lang ka tsinelas, abir?". He giggled, then let go of his other slipper to the flood. I told him then, about the story of Rizal and his slippers too. Just like him, Rizal did throw his other slipper too.

Together, we watched the slipper floating gaily.

No comments:

Post a Comment