Thursday, September 18, 2014

When Heaven Cries

By Jojette Asumbrado Ramos

It was dawn that my son and I traveled bound for his school. At first, I do not want him to go to school of the raging and continuous pouring of the rain. Yet, he insisted to proceed in going in there. So we went outside, the road was a bit flooded up to our ankles. What we did was to continue with our flooded journey. I got a bit drenched to my arms since the umbrella I brought was not enough to blocked all the tears from heaven.

My son was wearing his raincoat, so in a way he was protected from the drenching going on. The Jones area was flooded and the current I can say was a bit strong. I had to instruct my son to be wary of his slippers, we do not want a repeat occurrence of loosing his slippers by flood. What was good, he was not as fearful of the raging rain and random little flood in the city.

How I wish these presence of flooding will be eradicated. If only the taxes are being course thru properly, these could have been avoided.

Going back to the event awhile ago, since we had difficulty finding a jeepney, we opted to take the taxi instead. I had to pay more compared to using the PUJ, but it was okay, I just have to spend more during rainy season. I am more concern of the safety and health of my son, that is why I work this much to provide him the best in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment