Friday, April 4, 2014

Death with Wheels

By Jojette Asumbrado Ramos

Avkez and I had witnessed two motorcycles collided to each other. It happened in less than five seconds. Then they were lying on the road with their motorcycles besides them. One of the drivers was immobile for a minute or two which made me thought that he might had died. The other driver was moving, but with lots of scrapes on his left shoulder. The back rider was miraculously unharmed. As those gory incident materialized to our very own eyes, a frisson of gruesome scenarios flashes through my mind. What if it could be us? Avkez and me, since we also rode the motorcycles, although very rarely. I instinctively embraced him. And silently prayed to our Creator for keeping us safe in this unpredictable events and turns in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment